From Starfield Wiki
- Talk to Walter Straud in The Lodge
- Travel to Stroud-Eklund Staryard
- Talk to the read of R&D, Jules
- Jules will ask whether to go for a small budget ship or a large budget ship.
- Small Budget Ship: Convince Frank to abandon his high end components which do not fit into the small budget ship
- Large Budget Ship: Convince Jules to get the higher budget.
- (Optional) Talk to the rest of the design team about their ideas
- Go to the mission board and complete one or both of the following
- A bounty quest (For example, kill Crimson)
- A passenger mission (For example, transport farmers to a farm)
- Once complete, return to Jules
- Solve the team's interpersonal issues, wither via a guided meditation session, or by asking everyone to compromise. This solely impacts the resulting ship
- Return to Walter for the credit reward
- (Optional) Return to the Straud-Eklund Staryard to pick up the new ship. It will be floating in the staryard.
- This mission seemingly cannot be started in New Game Plus if you skip the story, or if the story was unavailable. You can forcibly start the quest with the command "SetStage 00299E7A 1", and then speaking to Walter.
|Stage||Finishes Mission||Mission Entry|
|1||(DEBUG: Give the player enough money to pay Jules)|
|100||(Player need to go to Stroud-Eklund Staryard R&D Department)|
Walter Stroud wants me to help his R&D team with their next shipbuilding project. Development has stalled, and he believes I can get it back on track.
|110||(R&D Scene starts)|
|120||(Player approaches the R&D team)|
|150||(Player arrived at the staryard, now they need to find Jules.)|
|200||(Player needs to introduce theirself to Jules)|
I need to speak with the project lead, Jules and find out what I can do to help get this project back on track.
|201||(Jules introduced herself and the team.)|
|202||(Jules told the player about the issues they face.)|
|203||(Jules explained the budget concerns.)|
|204||(The player needs to convince Jules to ask for a bigger budget)|
|205||(The player needs to convince Frank to scope back on his luxury craft ideas)|
|206||(The player made a budget choice and now needs to agree to fly some missions)|
|207||((DO WE NEED THIS?) Player Failed to convince Jules, and needs to come up with a new plan.)|
|210||(Jules Speech Challenge Success)|
|211||(Jules Speech Challenge Failure)|
|215||(Player told Jules they have Starship Design experience)|
|220||(Frank Speech Challenge Success)|
|221||(Frank Speech Challenge Failure)|
|250||((Optional) Player Can hack the terminal to increase the budget.)|
I think I may be able to get into the Stroud-Eklund corporate systems and approve a higher budget. That way, we can build whatever we want without worrying about the cost.
|260||(The player hacked the system to increase the budget)|
|270||(The player needs to pay to cover the budget.)|
Jules will only agree to go with the highest budget proposal for this ship if I contribute a large amount of money out of my own pocket.
|280||(The player paid to cover the budget)|
|300||((Optional) Player needs to speak with all the R&D Department members)|
Jules has asked me to meet the rest of the team and give them feedback on their ship design proposals.
|310||(Player spoke to Jules)|
|320||(Player spoke to Ella)|
|321||(Ella introduced herself to the player)|
|322||(Ella asked the player if they want to hear her proposal)|
|323||(Ella asked the player about what sort of consumer would buy the ship)|
|324||(The player is going to give feedback to Ella)|
|330||(Player spoke to Frank)|
|332||(The player is going to give feedback to Frank)|
|340||(Player spoke to Mike)|
|342||(Mike introduced his idea)|
|343||(The player is going to give feedback to Mike)|
|350||(Player spoke to Nev)|
|351||(Player asked Nev what's wrong.)|
|353||(The player is going to give feedback to Nev)|
|360||(Player spoke to the whole team.)|
|400||(Speak with Jules about the Market Research)|
Now that we've solved the budget issues for this project, Jules would like me to help gather some market research data. I should speak with her to find out what that entails.
|500||(Do missions from the Mission Board)|
Jules asked me to fly missions from the mission board. The data I collect will be used to make design decisions. Collecting more data will allow them to build a ship to handle a variety of situations.
|510||(Player completed one Bounty Mission)|
|520||(Player completed one Passenger mission)|
|550||(Player completed both a bounty mission and a Passenger mission)|
|600||(Speak with Jules about the Interpersonal Problems)|
I've collected the market research data. Now, I need to speak with Jules about the issues preventing her team from working well with one another.
|601||(Player told Jules they are finished with Market Research/Missions)|
|602||(Jules told the player about the team's interpersonal issues)|
|603||(Jules asked the player to choose how they want to address the interpersonal issues)|
|610||(Player chose to convince the team to compromise their designs)|
|620||(Player needs to run a Guided Meditation session)|
|625||(Player ended the meditation early)|
|700||(Speak with Jules to finalize the design)|
The team seems more willing to work with one another now, so all that's left is talking to Jules about the final ship design.
|800||(Speak with Walter Stroud)|
Production on Stroud-Eklund's latest ship is back on track. I should report to Walter and let him know.