Starfield is the upcoming role-playing game from Bethesda Game Studios set to release in the first half of 2023. It is the first new franchise created by Bethesda Game Studios in 25 years. Like previous games from Bethesda, the game will be playable from a first-person perspective with you being able to interact with most objects you encounter. You will be able to make various choices to define your character. The game will heavily focus on exploring space, with the Constellation Starship Frontier.
Starfield is the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. In this next generation role-playing game set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom as you embark on an epic journey to answer humanity’s greatest mystery.
The year is 2330. Humanity has ventured beyond our solar system, settling new planets, and living as a spacefaring people. From humble beginnings as a space miner, you will join Constellation – the last group of space explorers seeking rare artifacts throughout the galaxy – and navigate the vast expanse of the Settled Systems in Bethesda Game Studios’ biggest and most ambitious game. 
Starfield takes place in a fifty light year area around our Solar System, a region known as "The Settled Systems".
In the year 2310 AD, the two largest factions of the Settled Systems, the United Colonies and Freestar Collective began a conflict known as the Colony War. Today an uneasy peace has been established, but the Settled Systems remain dangerous.
Politically and militarily, the United Colonies are the more powerful of the two superpowers. They make their capital in the city of New Atlantis.
The Freestar Collective controls three star systems, and has Akila City as their own capital. Compared to their rival, the Freestar Collective is a loose confederation united in their mutual focus on personal freedoms. Ashta are a dangerous alien species that inhabit the region just outside of Akila City, forcing the Freestar Collective to maintain walls around the city.
There are numerous threatening groups, such as Ecliptic Mercenaries, Crimson Fleet Pirates, House Va'ruun zealots, and violent spacers.
Neon is a pleasure city built by the Xenofresh Corporation while trying to establish a fishing platform on an aquatic world. After discovering a fish with psychotropic properties, they repurposed the operation into the production of the unique drug Aurora. Aurora has been universally outlawed everywhere but the city of Neon, making the city a popular attraction for those wishing to experience Aurora's effects.
In the year 2330 AD you are a new member of the organization Constellation, "the last group of space explorers", dedicated to exploring the Milky Way. The player character makes a discovery that is the "key to unlocking everything".
- Backgrounds — The different pre-defined pasts you can choose.
- Skills — The abilities you can obtain.
- Traits — Optional defining aspects of your character.
- Items — The various forms of loot you can find.
- Factions — The organizations that exist in the field of stars.
- Maps - Chart your course.
- Missions - Figure out what is out there, fight pirates, deliver cargo, and countless other situations await you.
- Places — What is out there?
- Research Laboratory — What secrets can you uncover?
- Ships — Information on the starships that will take you through the Settled Systems.
- New Game Plus - You have reached the end, but you can keep going.
Previews and Reviews
- Concept Art — An archive of concept art created during the game's development
- Pre-Release Content — Shots from the game prior to its release
- Steam Store Page description.