- Rank 1 - Get more common and uncommon organic resource from plants, learn additional info about them from the scanner, and allows some plants to be cultivated at your outposts.
- Rank 2 - Get more rare organic resources from plants, and learn information about them more quickly using the scanner.
- Rank 3 - Get more exotic organic resources from plants, and learn information about them more quickly using the scanner.
- Rank 4 - Occasionally harvest additional rare resources from plants, and learn information about them more quickly using the scanner.
- Rank 1 Challenge Progress - Spend a total of 4 Skill Points in the Science tree.
- Rank 2 Challenge Progress - Harvest 20 organic resources from plants.
- Rank 3 Challenge Progress - Harvest 50 organic resources from plants.
- Rank 4 Challenge Progress - Harvest 100 organic resources from plants.
|The scientific study of flora, while important on Earth, become even more essential as humanity began exploring alien worlds.
Botany is an Advanced Science skill.
Botany is unlocked by spending a total of 4 skill points in the Science skill tree.
The fastest way to quickly progress through the skill rank challenges would be to (?).
For botany ranks 1-3, the actual effect is that you have a 50% chance to loot double the quantity of the specific organic resource you are harvesting.
For botany rank 4, you have two separately rolled 20% chances to loot a rare (rarity = 2) organic resource when gathering, and one 20% chance to loot an exotic (rarity = 3) organic resource when gathering. The resource chosen is completely random, and does not need to exist on the planet naturally.